Double-degree MBA program focused on Human Resources Management, designed exclusively for experienced professionals.
Earn two degrees in two years, without interrupting your professional career.
In the continuously changing company context, the role of HR is constantly evolving. The business expects HR professionals who can think strategically and find solutions for the new challenges people and organizations are facing.
This option is designed for professionals who wish to complement the MBA with their passion for Human Resources, learn how to utilize their people to achieve organizational objectives, how to recruit star employees, how to manage change, create an HR strategy, and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Designed for experienced professionals who are currently working in HR and who are looking to acquire deep knowledge of talent, strategic HR and new organizational models, or for those who are looking to switch into this business area.
WHY THIS PROGRAM?
- Certified by The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries
- Earn an AACSB accredited degree in Human Resources Management from our Partner Institution Zagreb School of Economics and Management
- Only program in Europe designed for experienced professionals
- Unique format: work and study at the same time without putting your career on hold, thanks to the Weekend format (Fridays from 6pm-9pm and Saturdays from 9am-5pm)
- Earn two degrees within the same time frame: an MBA from Luxembourg School of Business and an MBA in Human Resources Management from our Partner Institution Zagreb School of Economics and Management.
- Gain a broad and solid perspective on Business, Management and the practice of HR
- Learn from Industry Experts and our World-Class Faculty from Top Business Schools such as Harvard, Duke, MIT and more
STUDY DURING THE WEEKENDS, APPLY WHAT YOU LEARN AT WORK DURING THE WEEK
The Weekend-MBA program will enable you to constantly reflect on, and improve your everyday work.
- The theory will help to make sense of things you have learned through your job experience by giving you foundations and guidelines.
- Our innovative practice-oriented teaching techniques make the transition from the classroom to the workplace easy. Every class will give you takeaways, learning that can be applied directly, thus improving your performance at work.
- In addition, it will empower you and give you the confidence you need to make difficult managerial decisions.
Duration: 2 Years.
Format: Classes take place every second weekend (Friday evening from 6pm to 9pm and Saturday from 9am to 5pm).
The Program will start in September 2018.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT SPECIALIZED COURSES ARE INTEGRATED INTO THE MBA CURRICULUM
MODULE 1: Foundations (10 ECTS) (September – December) Business Foundations (3 ECTS) Competitive Markets (3 ECTS) People and Organizations (3 ECTS) Leadership (1 ECTS)
MODULE 2: Tools (10 ECTS) (January – April) Recruitment and Selection (3 ECTS) Financial Reporting (3 ECTS) Managerial Economics (3 ECTS) Leadership (1 ECTS)
MODULE 3: Functions (10 ECTS) (May – August) Marketing (3 ECTS) Operations (3 ECTS) Finance (3 ECTS) Leadership (1 ECTS)
MODULE 4: Directions (10 ECTS) (September – December) Strategy (3 ECTS) Power and Persuasion (3 ECTS) Data Analysis and Decision-Making (3 ECTS) Leadership (1 ECTS)
MODULE 5: Extensions (10 ECTS) (January – April) Learning and Development (3 ECTS) Technology and Innovation (3 ECTS) Management of Change and Human Resources (3 ECTS) Leadership (1 ECTS)
MODULE 6: Emphasis (10 ECTS) (May – August) Performance Measurement (3 ECTS) Strategies for Managing Human Resources (3 ECTS) Digital Transformation (4 ECTS)
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION (3 ECTS)
Human Resources specialists and managers must possess specific knowledge and understand expert tools in order to strategically define, coordinate and manage staffing function. Such tools and knowledge comprise labor legislation expertise, market research skills, planning and budgeting competencies, recruitment tools expertise, interviewing skills, competencies in developing and using job and candidate assessment tools and negotiating skills among others.
This course explains theoretical concepts and practical tools required in implementing and executing effective recruitment strategies (from recruiting and selecting new hires to managing their career growth and retention). Each topic will be introduced through assignments which will set the basis for a theoretical introduction. Each topic will be further elaborated by a practical approach of analyzing cases, solving problems and discussing experiences among your peers. Group project work will simulate real staffing manager job experience, together with role playing and in class presentations.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT (3 ECTS)
This course will approach Learning and Development as a fundamental business concept and will focus on key talent management processes and techniques as practiced today in business, non-profit, and governmental organizations. Through lectures, readings, case studies, group discussions, and presentations, students will learn how to analyze and assess the factors that optimize workforce performance and ensure return on talent management investments. Participants will learn how to develop a model for aligning talent and business strategy to ensure the necessary talent resources are available for the business success, and evaluate various approaches for developing managers and leaders of knowledge-based organizations.
Additional course topics will include: reviewing, reinventing, and developing strategies for attracting, selecting, motivating, and retaining the best talent; engaging and utilizing superior performers; and the tools and strategies that successful organizations use to leverage human capital investments more effectively than their competitors.
MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE & HUMAN RESOURCES (3 ECTS)
Management of Change and Human Resources, focuses on the microaspect of change, as well as psychological resistance to change. As organizations span complex activities, locations and markets, the need for change increases. This course focuses on offering approaches, models and tools that can be applied to any organization or context, taken from leading change management. This course will equip students with the knowledge, skills and best practices to successfully implement a framework for change.
Students will cover the functions of human resource management by studying their own organization, by working with others, and will engage in an analysis of different workplaces and job descriptions. After being presented with HRM overview, students will deepen their HRM knowledge by examining more specialized topics related to strategically critical HRM issues – employee selection, intrinsic motivation, employee engagement, world-class best practices and HRM specific ethical issues.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT (3 ECTS)
This course is designed to provide students with a solid theoretical foundation in the principles of performance measurement and reward systems, as well as an understanding of related contemporary human resource management strategies, practices and issues. Performance measurement and rewards systems are integral components of a firm’s overall human resource ‘system’. These important aspects must be horizontally integrated with a firm’s HR strategy as well as vertically integrated with a firm’s overall business strategy. More specifically, students will gain knowledge about performance measurement in the context of strategic management, will get familiar with types of performance measurement and learn about their application in the real world.
STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES (3 ECTS)
This course is intended to help students comprehend the strategic aspects of HR management within the organization, recognize the applicability of diverse HR practices to ensure the organization’s success/performance and to improve their decision-making skills which will allow them to apply effective HR practices on their workplace.
Students will learn how recruitment decisions, employee promotions, education and other factors affect the market position of a company, and what are the consequences for employee motivation, employee turnover, among others. This course will contain an HR Management simulation, allowing students to apply the theory that is being learned during the classes.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION (4 ECTS)
During this course participants will learn key insights on how to lead the digital transformation in their organizations, driving the organization to “be digital” based on three main views – the strategic, the organisational and the innovation view.
HR professionals will put themselves on the steering wheel to understand today’s digital business environment and the impact that disruptive technologies have on their companies. Students are removed from the everyday concerns of the workplace and focus on transformational change strategies and the fusion of disruptive technologies – such as social media, analytics, mobile and cloud – and the business. Participants will use the critical skills acquired through the programme to transform the role for greater responsibilities and increased leadership. Will return to the organisation with an understanding of today’s digital business environment and the impact that disruptive technologies have on the technology leadership in the organisation.
In order to be eligible to apply to the Human Resources Double Degree Program, candidates must have:
- FIRST UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT: A Bachelor degree or equivalent is a prerequisite for signing up for our program. Applicants with degrees in all disciplines are welcome.
- MINIMUM TWO YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE: An important feature of our MBA experience is that our student body has knowledge of the professional world, as demonstrated by work experience of 2 years minimum.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: If you have worked in an intensively English speaking environment for at least 2 years please provide one of the following documents: recommendation from your superior or example of a publication you have produced.If you have not worked in an English speaking environment for at least 2 years and are not a native English speaker please provide proof of English proficiency: Transcript of your TOEFL Score (Minimum Requirement: Paper Based: 550, Internet Based: 85) or IELTS Score (Minimum Requirement: 7.0
For additional information and pricing, please contact our Admissions Team by phone +352 2566 9105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR MBA STUDENTS PROFILES
The average LSB student is around 37 years old and has over 10 years of professional experience
Around 55% of LSB students already have Master-level educations prior to joining the LSB MBA program.
MBA Student Backgrounds (in %)
- Business/Social Sciences Background
- Business/Social Sciences Background
SOME OF THE ORGANIZATIONS OUR STUDENTS COME FROM
MEET US IN PERSON
Are you interested in learning more about the LSB Weekend-MBA Program? If you live in or around Luxembourg, you can schedule a “Walk-in Meeting” at our Gasperich campus.
There, you will be welcomed by our admission managers who will be able to explain the program to you in details. In order to schedule a direct meeting, feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com
Candidates who live outside of Luxembourg can also contact us directly in order to schedule a one-on-one teleconference/Skype session