Crafting and Implementing Strategy
The aim of this course is to develop strategic thinking skills, evaluation of strategic alternatives, prediction, and management of strategic change. Participants will learn concepts, theories and new approaches to strategic management. As well, develop the ability to apply strategic thinking when analyzing the dynamic and complex current business situation and the implementation of new key business concepts. The purpose of this course is to better understand the competitive forces in the world in which an organization operates, with special emphasis on maintaining a superior competitive position of companies. Strategic leadership and entrepreneurship will be addressed through the analysis of corporate culture and values. They will develop a systematic and holistic approach to understanding the interaction of external and internal environment of the company.
Dr. Dino Dogan is the Dean of the Luxembourg School of Business. As CFO of Mobilkom Austria, he oversaw and implemented the merger with Telekom Austria to create Austria’s largest telecommunications operator – A1 Telekom Austria.
Who should attend?
- Decision makers who want to get a more insight and up to date knowledge on dealing with strategic issues.
- Managers from operations and project managers who want to understand why and how their daily work is affected by and is affecting the strategy of a company.
- Non-economists who wants to understand the way of thinking and behaving strategy-driven business people.
- Understand what strategy means and why it is so important?
- Be able to think, plan and act strategically and thereby forecast the strategic change.
- Get to know the most important strategic instruments and methodologies.
- Having the knowledge what it takes to successfully implement a strategy.
- Be aware that company and individual agility is a base for any strategic success and how to develop and maintain it.