Business of Asset Management (2days)
This 2-day program aims to give an overview of the investment process across a variety of asset classes and investors, showing how different investments and asset classes can appeal to different parts of the financial ecosystem. It considers how the regulatory environment is a strong driver of investment demand and product innovation.
Who should attend?
It should be of particular interest to those intending to work on the buy-side, the sell-side providing assets to buy-side firms, those associated with pensions and endowments, private wealth management, corporate treasury, and regulation.
- Equity Portfolio Management
- Bond Portfolio Management
- Derivatives in Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Allocation Strategies
- Developing an understanding of the investment ecosystem and its different components
- Understanding different buy-side market participants and their investment constraints
- Considering the characteristics and sources of return in different asset classes
- Planning the development of an investment policy statement and strategy
- Exploring the combination of different asset classes to give a target portfolio
- Understanding the portfolio review and reallocation process
Jonathon Read is an experienced financial service professional, who has run trading, structuring and product marketing businesses at major financial institutions in London and New York. He started his career at Goldman Sachs and has worked at other investment banks including Deutsche Bank and Merrill Lynch. His experience spans credit, rates, and foreign exchange, and includes both developed markets and the emerging markets of Latin America, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
Jonathon has a variety of business interests, including the provision of boutique consulting and advisory services to a variety of global clients. He has held elected local office as a councillor in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, where he was Lead Member for Finance, Lead Member for Family & Children’s Services, chaired the Investment Committee that oversees the borough’s pension assets (approximately $1 Billion AUM), and chaired the Western Riverside Waste Authority, responsible for waste and recycling through much of West London.
Jonathon teaches on the MiF program at London Business School and has taught as a Fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School, teaching courses at the MBA, MFin and MPhil levels. In addition, Jonathon is an Adjunct Professor at Columbia Business School in New York, where he has taught on the MBA and EMBA courses and supervised several research projects.
Jonathon holds a Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst® charterholder, holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification, and is a Chartered Financial Planner, Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute and a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society.